Author Topic: Just happened to see a negative review on the Truth preamp.  (Read 8340 times)

vrod

• View Profile
I wonder about this guy. He reviews all sorts of equipment and I am not sophisticated enoughabout electronics, I trust my ears. What do you guys think about Audioscience Review

Capt. Z

• View Profile
Re: Just happened to see a negative review on the Truth preamp.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 09:35:33 PM »
I guess you mean this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-truth-pre-amp-review.23815/

Our ears tell us different.
Trust your ears.

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 12:31:52 AM »
I've seen this forum/review site before where measurements reign supreme and subjective listening isn't even on the radar.  It's a place where members trash or praise equipment and/or people with no regard to real world performance or listening experience.   It a place that seems to embrace the worst aspects of diyAudio.  It's a place where guys like Arthur Salvatore and others become quirky misfits.  And, Ed is deemed to be fleecing us with his dangerous, uncertified, shoddy work.  ;)

The best part of this nastiness is that those folks are unwittingly expanding the universe of Truth owners.    8)

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 06:15:36 AM »
Hey guys, those fellows got so much wrong it is a crime........what REALLY pissed me off was the insinuation that "no one that knew anything or had heard "real high end"  would consider it or own one".
What a bunch of asses......I'm pretty sure Arthur has heard "high end" stuff. Mr. Olsher allowed me to post the paragraph I wrote and to reveal he actually has one, that he paid for. I promised him I'd never use that fact to sell any and that I would keep him anonymous. Henry knows "The Truth" about this and he too has kept his word. Dick got one built for Henry! I'm pretty sure he has heard more "high end" than any of those yokels and maybe more than them all put together. He still has it.

Now in response to an email I sent to a friend where I mocked them as 'scientists" he mistook that as a disdain for all scientists. Not hardly, so I wrote this to him to explain.....

I quit reading it shortly after that post (that Dick allowed me to post)  because mainly I figured that anyone with an open mind and actually read what was said would "figure it out".

A buddy read through that mess and asked me about it and why it pissed me off so bad. Here is what I wrote to him and I figured you might be amused by it. He questioned me because I mocked the name "Audio SCIENCE Review". I mockingly called them "scientists" in an email.  He thought that maybe I was mocking ALL scientists. Not hardly!
Here is what I wrote him to explain why I mocked them in my mail to him....

"I was talking specifically about some of the bozos there and their comments. If you are going to use the word "science" in your description of what you do then you actually should make sure that you get shit right. For instance....

1 I addressed the crosstalk and pointed out it comes from the selector switch (which it does)
2 I was bashed for the "ground lift switch" (I did not realize at the time they had Steve's)
3. I was told by a "scientist" ( :) )  that the unit tested had no selector switch as it was a single input and the crosstalk was still there. Apparently he does not understand a simple switch and circuit or have the ability to follow the freaking wires from it.
4 I was told how dangerous it was with no earth ground.

Now...the Truth is............
1 the switch was in fact a selector switch   because I had ADDED a second set of inputs for him (Steve) . It was the source of the (non issue) crosstalk.
2 there was no ground lift switch on that one.
3 the "safety" on an earth ground to chassis is again really a non issue.
4 I pointed out all have the IEC grounded to the chassis via a wire that can be snipped by the owner.
5 that unit is probably 8 years old... a "scientist" should have checked the dc offset before measuring and proclaiming accurate results.

Most all of that non sense was just pure bashing, and the bastards could not even tell it had 2 inputs and no ground lift.

So my point was, if you are going to call yourself  "Audio SCIENCE Review" you should actually take the time to get things that are so basic correct before you pass judgement on something or someone.]

That is where I stand on "Audio (Non) "science" Review".

As I was told by someone I really respect...something like this......"you have enough out there that anyone who says it is not great has not heard one or is lying and everyone who has will know it".
Thanks guys for all the support over these years and I WILL be here if you need me!
Ed

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 02:06:24 PM »
Ed left out some of the crazy stuff spewed by these ass monkeys over 32 pages:

- Ed should be in jail
- Ed is lucky to have no lawsuits for fires and electrocution
- Ed's luck will eventually run out and he'll be punished

And my favorite:
- The Truth owners are somehow mesmerized by the euphonic hiss imparted by the input/output buffer stages.

I'm pissed that I didn't get the "hiss" option included in mine.  ;D

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 04:07:47 PM »
Henry, obviously that is what tricked Arthur and Dick since they have probably never heard anything good.

The 'hiss option" is very expensive.  That must have been the only one I added it too.

In my system there is no hiss from anything. Not from The Truth, not from the FU 32, not from my DAC. There is hiss from my phono stage always has been.

Considering they did not seem to even know they had a 2 input unit their opinions don't mean squat and how the Hell would they even know about (non existent) hiss if they did not hook it up and listen and more than that I'd bet money that anyone who does have "hiss" it will be from the source or power amp. Not a single person has ever contacted ME about "hiss", at least that I can remember.

The Truth is that I could give a rat's ass about their opinion, my issue was that there was little "science" involved and a lot of bashing and guessing.

It's also a little amusing that the idea seems that they (owners)  are tricked somehow. Not sure how because anyone can send her back if it does not kill what they have. Do those idiots not understand that and do they not understand that every single person that has one has also owned other stuff, usually very expensive? The list of "high end" line stages it has replaced is quite impressive. My power of mass hypnosis is also impressive, obviously. Do those guys have their heads up each others assess so far they think only their opinion and words mean anything, I think so!?
Thanks again, guys.
Ed

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:09:37 PM by thehornshoppe »

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »
I did only read 3 of the 32 pages. Did anyone of these folks actually listen to The Truth, or the are just judging a book by it's cover and are acting like smart asses, who think they know everything????

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 04:27:16 PM »
It's possible that those forum members with opposite political leaning are using this opportunity to make their political attack disguised as audio comment.

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »
I did only read 3 of the 32 pages. Did anyone of these folks actually listen to The Truth, or the are just judging a book by it's cover and are acting like smart asses, who think they know everything????

All the heavy bashing came from people that have never heard the Truth. 

Oh, I left out another false claim forwarded by one of those that have been "blinded by science".
- One Truth owner was so upset that he destroyed it with a baseball bat!  ::)
    (actually it was the guy's psycho girlfriend that did that and more...)

I found the reading time consuming, but intriguing, sort of like watching our southern borders collapse.

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 06:11:08 PM »
Hey D. , (CaptZ)  well, they could not figure out it had 2 inputs and then told me the crosstalk could not come from the selector switch, which it does by the way, because it was a single input (!) and apparently they thought the selector switch (the toggle switch) was a ground lift switch.

I bet you can figure out the answer to your question....read  more...it just gets "better'. I just stopped reading and caring after my last post.

They (except my supporters ) mean absolutely nothing to me.

Well, except they will without doubt actually cause someone to buy one knowing they can send it back.  32 pages! Those of you that have been around know I am fiercely loyal to my supporters and those that attack me I have no mercy for. I will roll in the mud with them and we both will get dirty and guess what? I "just ain't care". I will ALWAYS support my friends, correct misinformation, lies or slander about me, my family and all of you that know and believe in me. Those that do not know me and base anything on shit like that mess will have to figure it out themselves.

Thanks again, my "homies" :),
Ed

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »
Henry, I called him on that and he basically said "my version was more fun" or something like that. A real piece of work, that one.
Ed

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 09:22:52 PM »
Henry, I called him on that and he basically said "my version was more fun" or something like that. A real piece of work, that one.
Ed

You really can't discuss or argue something with these kind of people. Just get's you more upset and frustrated, while they think of you even more negative.

So it's usually 'smarter' to ignore this kind of stuff and let '"grass grow over it". (not to add fuel to the fire.)

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2021, 11:32:35 PM »
Hey D., you are right of course, but remember, no one has ever called me "smart'. :)
Ed

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 07:12:17 AM »
Hey D., you are right of course, but remember, no one has ever called me "smart'. :)
Ed

Ed Dammit - your are special - a one of a kind  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:43:12 PM by Capt. Z »

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 05:51:30 PM »
Ed

Ed Dammit - your are special - a one of a kind  ;D

New name: Special Ed  :P