Author Topic: Just happened to see a negative review on the Truth preamp.  (Read 7933 times)

TEA FOR ONE

• View Profile
Re: Just happened to see a negative review on the Truth preamp.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 05:17:34 PM »
I don't frequent the Audio science site,but they have a rep on some of the other forums as being a bunch of "measurement only" people.  Good thing I only listen with my ears,and not a scope or some other measuring device.   

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 07:44:42 PM »
As for ASR forum, it's important to know who the admin is.  Amir M. owns a boutique audio store and basically everything he posts online is to support his business or to make money off of forum traffic.  He used to make tons of shill posts on other forums until he got banned.  Then he got What's Best forum going and was "discharged" from there as well.  His current forum is no different.

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 08:44:01 PM »
Sonic, thank you so very much for this info. Now, are you absolutely sure your post is correct? If so, I think i will use it (the info)  to reveal them (him).
Ed (The Honey Badger)

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 10:38:25 PM »
His name is Amir Majidimehr and he is the founder and president of Madrona Digital, a company that provides various tech services.   He was a corporate VP at Microsoft.  I don't see a connection with an audio store.

Here's a blurb on the Daniel Miessler website:
"In this standalone episode I’m speaking with Amir Majidimehr.

Amir is an audiophile, but he has a unique approach to the hobby that’s literally disrupting the industry.

He’s basically introduced measurement, and what he calls Objectivism, into this very sensitive audiophile world that prizes itself on everything being a matter of preference, or up to the listener. Amir calls these types the Subjectivists.

So what Amir does is use his decades of experience, and his professional training, to actual test this equipment—much of which costs tens of thousands of dollars—to find out if their outrageous claims have any merit."

So. it seems Amir has introduced objectivism to the world... unique and priceless.   ::)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:59:22 PM by henry »

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2021, 04:33:34 PM »
Now, are you absolutely sure your post is correct?
Yes. 
Amir at Madrona Digital: https://www.madronadigital.com/team-amirm

In the early days, he was a team member that worked on HD-DVD to compete against and lost to Blu-ray format.  As a displaced digital developer, he started alternative means of income, Madrona Digital, where he stocks high-end AV gear.  In doing so, he had to spread the words that those high dollar gear, especially audio gear (Mark Levinson gear), are worth the extra cost because they have lower jitter.  He wrote thousands of shill posts about high end digital gear on AVS forum.

amirm: "I did not level match anything. However, once I found one source was worse than the other, I would then turn up the volume to counter any effect there. Indeed, doing so would close the gap some but it never changed the outcome. Note that the elevated level clearly made that source sound louder than the other. So the advantage was put on the losing side."
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/establishing-differences-by-the-10-volume-method.1136745/#post-16216826

Amir's status at What's Best forum: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/schiit-interesting-name-more-interesting-products.22244/page-17#post-457079

He is a chameleon and a very thick skinned person.  His new forum ASR champions objectivity but he was and still is subjectivity pusher when it fits his business agenda as shown in the following link which he discredit double blind test.  https://www.madronadigital.com/audibility-of-small-distortions

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 11:48:22 AM »
So, he's not quite the benevolent bench rat I thought he was?  ;D

audiostar2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2021, 03:09:07 AM »
Want to know how good Truth is?  Go to the art of sound forum.  The thread waiting for the truth.  22 pages.

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2021, 12:46:15 PM »
Do you have a link for that?

Looks like a British site judging by words and phrases used.

audiostar2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2021, 08:47:28 PM »
Can somebody explain the different versions of the Truth.
T1
T2
T3
T4

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2021, 02:30:57 PM »
https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?48403-Waiting-for-the-Truth&highlight=truth+preamp   :)

Well, took the time to speed read through this. Why is it, that there are always people, that think they know it better, without even have the product (in this case the Truth) heard. And then come up with explanations, why it can not be good. Besides that, getting side tracked with things that have nothing to do with the subject. Especially the owner/moderator of this site, which we in Germany would call a "strange bird" (direct translation)

On the other hand you have people like Adrian in this threat that actually have heard and used the Truth and are reporting their findings. BTW, the slight lose of warmth, which he reported was most likely due to the fact that he no longer heard the coloration of a preamp or volume pot or ???

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2021, 04:52:13 PM »
Hey Capt..
Ed has made a good living turning derision into gold.  We are the fortunate few.  8)

audiostar2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2021, 06:53:33 PM »
I am not getting rid of my expensive $2600 tube preamp.  Having said that I think The Truth preamp is a bargain like no other.  All you have to do is to read the the many reviews on audiokarma, audio asylum, and audiogon.  The world needs a bargain and the Truth is it.